My husband and I purchased this beautiful bus in 2020 and worked on the conversion for nearly 2 years with the intention of full time travel while working remote. However, our professional lives have recently taken a turn in an unexpected and different direction! We no longer have time or interest in completing our skoolie as traveling/working remote is no longer part of our plans.
We are sad to close the chapter on our bus life dreams, but excited for the next owner to get to fulfil theirs! We have completed roughly 95% of the full conversion work. Lucky you!!! You are close to the finish line on this conversion with mostly little aesthetic projects and a few final touch projects left. Most of the projects we already have the supplies for and are including them in the sale!
History: Kentucky Public School District, 1 previous owner bought at school auction, we bought it from them
• Solar set up complete and functioning! (3) 400 watt solar panels bolted to a professionally custom built welded rack on bus roof. Solar set up inspected by local solar company which gave their approval! (5) 200 AH Gel batteries by Renogy
• 100 gallon Grey water tank bolted under bus to a professionally custom built welded frame.
• 140 gallon capacity fresh water tanks under bed – (1) 65 gallon tank and (1) 75 gallon tank.
• Eccotemp propane water heater installed and ready to go
• Propane stove installed and ready to go
• Wood burning mini stove installed and ready to go
• Magic Chef 10.1 cu. ft. fridge installed and ready to go
• Custom built and welded roof rack – would be perfect for extra storage, a kayak, or roof top chilling!
• Hitch is welded on the back
• Spot lights located on all 4 sides of bus
• Kitchen table can fold down to make a little couch/bed (with the addition of cushions not included)
• Nice closet with room to hang clothes and store folded clothes
• Additional storage around bed with hydraulic arms to hold open doors and a bookshelf above bed.
• Custom window curtains made with (1) layer of sheer curtain and (1) layer of block out curtain
• (2) Propane tank system installed under bus and ready to go
• Bed frame can fit a full size mattress
• Bus batteries are new purchased in 2021
• Walls and ceiling insulated with spray foam professionally sprayed, floor insulated with foam insulation board
• Titled as RV
• Insured as a conversion build
• Maxxair fan needs a part replaced - We have the replacement part just haven’t got around to putting it in. Included in sale.
• Bench seats need paint job or reupholstery job completed – Yes, painted! Changing the aesthetic can be easy enough with some acrylic paint and a coat of sealer! We wanted a leather look and couldn’t decide on which shade of brown. Or you can reupholster them
• Trim needs installed – we have trim that matches floor. Included in sale
• Roof top deck is just the metal welded and painted frame currently (buyer can add wooden planks, ladder for access, etc. not included)
• A back up camera has been installed but not connected to a power source yet
• Under the bed is open for you to customize the storage as you see fit
• Bathroom is roughly 95% done! It lacks screwing in hardware on shower head and handle, screwing in toilet seat (this is a composting toilet set up), caulking to ensure water proof. We have all of that stuff included in the sale.
• Needs smoke and CO2 detectors installed. We have them included with sale
• Exhaust pipe has some rust in a few spots and we suspect would need to be patched/replaced in the near future
• There’s a few light fixtures we haven’t decided on. They are wired in, just need to attach your fixture of choice
• The sink and shower drainage pipes have yet to be connected to the grey water tank under the bus – we have most, if not all, the parts necessary to complete the job included with the sale.
We are asking $50,000 OBO!
Getting Started Articles
The steps required to insure your school bus conversion with links to insurance companies who offer coverage for school bus… Read More
One night and you're home. Lynne Larson explains the perks and process of becoming a South Dakota Resident When traveling… Read More
Hello everyone! My name is Chris with TheOffGridSkoolie and I been living and adventuring in vehicles for over 10 years.… Read More
Crackle and pop in a snap with these wood stove pro tips. Written by: Elizabeth Paashaus, Deliberate Life Bus Elizabeth… Read More
Thinking about buying a van, bus, RV or trailer to live in? Here are 5 ways you can start today,… Read More