Jessica Jo Stenquist- 801-369-4493
The bus came from a school district in Alabama. It was the back-up handicap bus that was won at an auction. Averages a consistent 10mpg. Even though the bus has 225K miles on it, the bus garage supervisor said the motor only has about 65K. The motor is 195HP with the Allison AT545. We have a file folder of ALL the maintenance records from the school too!!!
We bought it from a couple who had done all of the initial demo work & an amazing roof lift. There is an interior framework of 1 1/4’ 11 ga square tube that is driven about nine inches into the hat channel. It is then skinned with 16ga sheet steel. Plenty heavy to walk around on and weld to, bolt to, etc.
The interior height is 8’3” clearance which puts the roof at just under about 13’ from the ground—with solar panels you’d be right at 13’. The 8’3” extends from the rear for 10’, then the taper goes out another 4 1/2 ft. The intent was to have enough room to walk under a bed that would raise into the ceiling. The back big window broke when he was installing it so it is boarded up with vents. We have a bunch of useful things—clean & black water containers, storage containers we were going to mount on the bottom, etc.
It has been gone through and all filters and fluids were replaced. There was a new oil pan and valve cover gaskets, and the oil cooler has all new gaskets and has been cleaned out. The air dryer for the air brakes was rebuilt with all new parts. There is a new fan clutch and LED headlights. All the wiring has been gone through, cleaned up, and all unused circuits were gotten rid of. The floor has been stripped down to metal, and it only has minimal surface rust. The frame underneath is rust free. Tires are very good at what I would guess is 60%. The rear heater was moved up front to the passenger side by the entrance to blow on the passenger. The bus has a clear Wyoming title.
And that was ALL BEFORE we bought it!!! After we bought it there were a few leaks and we wanted to make sure everything was solid so we put another $5500 into fixing the coolant leak at the lower radiator connection, replacing both steering U-joints, Replacing steer axle spring pins/bushings and shackles, and replacing the rear axle torque leaf pins and bushings. All receipts and maintenance have been kept on file.
We used it to move a bunch of our stuff from one house to another and have not been able to turn our attention to it again since remodeling the home we bought!