We began our conversion in 2018 after purchasing our 2003 Bluebird from AAA bus in Phoenix Arizona.
Registered as an RV in the state of Texas and insured State Farm
This bus has been awesome to drive across the United States with the Cummins 8.3L Turbo Diesel, Allison MD3060 Transmission with cruise control. This is a rear engine and is quiet to to drive.
We gutted the inside of the bus down to the bare bones, and reframed, and spray foamed the interior.
Here are some of the things we have done to the bus.
1. Spray foamed ceiling and walls
2. Framed floor with 2x2 studs, added 2" foam board, and 3/4' sub floor with 1/4" Life Proof flooring
3. Custom Couch with storage and custom foam cushions
4. Custom queen bed with storage underneath main sleeping area
5. One custom bunk area with storage underneath
6. Bathroom with shower and water trough for a tub.
7. Natures Head Toilet
8. Pioneer Mini Split with heat pump/ 12,000 BTU
9. Diesel Heater installed in front of bus near driver
10. Tiny Wood Stove Dwarf 5Kw, where the tiny wood stove is mounted the base is concrete with real thin brick installed over on the walls over fire rated concrete board.
11. Instant Water heater (RV Style, installed on bottom of bus)
12. 100 Gallon fresh water tank
13. 60 gallon grey tank
14. Westinghouse 4500/Duel Fuel LP/GAS generator with remote start
15. 26.5 gallon RV Propane tank mounted on the bottom of the bus with all black pipe ran to the instant hot water heater and to the LP Generator which is mounted underneath with both have side access.
15. 30 amp shore power
16. Inverter and Battery Bank and Solar Panels
17. Dometic AC/DC refrigerator
18. Large sink
19. 12 Feet of butcher block counter top and cabinets
20. 32' x 8' DECK, with Two craftsman truck boxes mounted on deck
21. Tow hitch mounted for towing
22. We do have brand new 5 Gallons of Single Stage Chrysler Gray Automobile paint that will be included with he bus.
23. Two Maxxair Deluxe Roof Fans with remotes
24. Brand New Tires (2019) with approximately 10,000-15,000 miles on them.
25. LED lights throughout the bus.
26. AC outlets installed throughout the bus.
27. Headlights and taillights converted to LED
INSTAGRAM: Pictures of our build starting from the beginning on our instagram channel